Have you thought about implementing centers, but were clueless on how to begin? In Center Savvy in Six Steps, peer coach Tara Johnson breaks down the task of effectively running centers in to six, straight-forward steps to center success. Tara shares how she has systematized the method of using centers in all subject areas. Through examples and practical insight, she shows how a teacher can go from novice to proficient in six steps. In this class you will discover:
- How to identify your own center preferences that will work in your classroom
- How to set up and plan for centers
- How to implement centers from beginning to end effectively and efficiently
Using centers in the classroom can be an engaging teaching method. If you are a new teacher or have tried centers but were unsuccessful, then this class is for you.
Professional Practice Goal
Teachers will go through a six-step process of setting up centers in the classroom in order to support small-group instruction.
- Over 100 pages of reproducibles to use in the classroom
- A center procedures and behavior PowerPoint
- 60 minutes of video training
- A PD certificate for 120 minutes of training
Tara has always had a passion for teaching. Now she gets to share her love of teaching with other teachers. Tara has learned quite a bit throughout her teaching journey that wasn’t taught in college coursework. It’s her hope that she can pass along her knowledge to fellow teachers. Tara has a Bachelor of Arts in Middle Childhood Education and a Masters in Educational Leadership. She has over 15 years of teaching experience and has written two books. A highlight of her career was being a presenter at the SDE National Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.